Friday, May 8, 2009

SOAP BOX!!!

Ok I have to get on my soap box about this but what in the world is wrong with hollywood do they not have an original idea. It seems like all they can do is make remakes of movies. These remakes usually suck but come on. I just found out they are remaking one of my favorite movies (a movie not appreciated when it came out) Ice Castles I love this movie heck I own it. I am not saying it is the perfect movie out there but I LOVE IT! Lets look back at a few of the remakes that I personally feel do not even come close to being as good as the originals.
Nutty Professor, Freaky Friday, Born Yesterday, That Darn Cat, Doctor Zhivago, Great Gatsby, Guess Whose Coming to Dinner, Journey to the Center of the Earth. Ok my point is made all remade movies. Don’t get me wrong some are good, some are even great but over the last few years its been remakes, reimagined, re, re. I LOVE ORIGINAL MOVIES!!! I will watch and like remakes.

Here is a look at some that are either in talks of remaking or in production and what I think of the idea.

Karate Kid- No way
Top Gun- What are you nuts
Fame – Ok
Footloose- ok
Starfighter- um maybe
Tron-possibly could be better
Romancing the Stone-On the fence original rocked!!

**Although I have to admit Race to Witch mountain was good it helped that they changed practically everything. Characters names, locations, reason for the kids being chased and why they were being chased. It was a different. Loved the cameos by the actors that played Tia & Tony**

2 comments:

  1. Well, I’m torn. I like originals, but I like some of the remakes. Like ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ with Jonnie Depp. HHELLLOOOO it’s Jonnie Depp, of course it is better!! ;)

    I was watching ‘Lady Hawk’ the other day, and it is REALLY good, and Mathew Broderick is soooo funny in it, but Jarrod was making fun of me, because of the music (can you say keyboard) and then the graphics. (like when she is falling and then turned into the hawk-- a part I always thought of as dramatic, but a bit laughable if you were to watch it for the first time now.) So, I would be for them remaking that one.

    ReplyDelete