Friday, October 1, 2010
I cling to my imperfection, as the very essence of my being. ~Anatole France (Jacques Anatole François Thibault), The Garden of Epicurus, 1894, Quote Garden.com
To those who are perfect and infallible. Who have never done anything wrong. Are always right. Who surround themselves with others who think, act and are JUST LIKE THEM.
Those who boast there perfection and announce it in various verbal and non verbal forms.
I CELEBRATE THE TRULY IMPERFECT.
The ones who make mistakes, learn from it, and move on. The ones who live their lives the way they want even though it may be hard. To those who while in difficult situations recognize that there are two sides or more to a story and try to be understanding. To those who respect others feelings and try to think of others. Instead of believing that the only ones in this life that matter are them and what they want, and how they want it. To people who believe in what they believe and understand that others do not and respect that. To anyone who has been in an unfortunate situation and tried to do the right thing and yet in the end failing. You tried and really that's all that matters. To those who feel that being a social butterfly is not the most important thing. To those who celebrate who they are.
Congratulations! You're not perfect! It's ridiculous to want to be perfect anyway. But then, everybody's ridiculous sometimes, except perfect people. You know what perfect is? Perfect is not eating or drinking or talking or moving a muscle or making even the teensiest mistake. Perfect is never doing anything wrong - which means never doing anything at all. Perfect is boring! So you're not perfect! Wonderful! Have fun! Eat things that give you bad breath! Trip over your own shoelaces! Laugh! Let somebody else laugh at you! Perfect people never do any of those things. All they do is sit around and sip weak tea and think about how perfect they are. But they're really not one-hundred-percent perfect anyway. You should see them when they get the hiccups! Phooey! Who needs 'em? You can drink pickle juice and imitate gorillas and do silly dances and sing stupid songs and wear funny hats and be as imperfect as you please and still be a good person. Good people are hard to find nowadays. And they're a lot more fun than perfect people any day of the week. -Stephen Manes, Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days!
I SP am not perfect and I don't ever want to be.
I do on very angry moments swear.
I have and probably will lie.
I did have one alcoholic drink (It was not on purpose. The young waiter needs a hearing aid)
I have lost my temper.
I have been mean to people on purpose. ( They were unable to take a hint)
I gossip.
I hang up on my parents.
I have stopped talking to people.
I have let friends go because I am just lazy.
Oh I am Lazy
I watch too much TV.
I drink way to much diet coke (Cherry)
I don't like church.
I am anti social.
I don't like to dress up.
My mother loves me. She has no choice.
So does my father. He has to cause I am more perfect than him.
I think I am funny even though really I'm just annoying.
I am getting tired.
THE END
I know this may not be organized and structured but I needed to vent and there it is.
Those who boast there perfection and announce it in various verbal and non verbal forms.
I CELEBRATE THE TRULY IMPERFECT.
The ones who make mistakes, learn from it, and move on. The ones who live their lives the way they want even though it may be hard. To those who while in difficult situations recognize that there are two sides or more to a story and try to be understanding. To those who respect others feelings and try to think of others. Instead of believing that the only ones in this life that matter are them and what they want, and how they want it. To people who believe in what they believe and understand that others do not and respect that. To anyone who has been in an unfortunate situation and tried to do the right thing and yet in the end failing. You tried and really that's all that matters. To those who feel that being a social butterfly is not the most important thing. To those who celebrate who they are.
Congratulations! You're not perfect! It's ridiculous to want to be perfect anyway. But then, everybody's ridiculous sometimes, except perfect people. You know what perfect is? Perfect is not eating or drinking or talking or moving a muscle or making even the teensiest mistake. Perfect is never doing anything wrong - which means never doing anything at all. Perfect is boring! So you're not perfect! Wonderful! Have fun! Eat things that give you bad breath! Trip over your own shoelaces! Laugh! Let somebody else laugh at you! Perfect people never do any of those things. All they do is sit around and sip weak tea and think about how perfect they are. But they're really not one-hundred-percent perfect anyway. You should see them when they get the hiccups! Phooey! Who needs 'em? You can drink pickle juice and imitate gorillas and do silly dances and sing stupid songs and wear funny hats and be as imperfect as you please and still be a good person. Good people are hard to find nowadays. And they're a lot more fun than perfect people any day of the week. -Stephen Manes, Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days!
I SP am not perfect and I don't ever want to be.
I do on very angry moments swear.
I have and probably will lie.
I did have one alcoholic drink (It was not on purpose. The young waiter needs a hearing aid)
I have lost my temper.
I have been mean to people on purpose. ( They were unable to take a hint)
I gossip.
I hang up on my parents.
I have stopped talking to people.
I have let friends go because I am just lazy.
Oh I am Lazy
I watch too much TV.
I drink way to much diet coke (Cherry)
I don't like church.
I am anti social.
I don't like to dress up.
My mother loves me. She has no choice.
So does my father. He has to cause I am more perfect than him.
I think I am funny even though really I'm just annoying.
I am getting tired.
THE END
I know this may not be organized and structured but I needed to vent and there it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment