Friday, March 26, 2010
SINGLE AND LOVING IT!
I recently read an article online that gave “8 Reasons to Enjoy Your Single Status” ( http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=23606164>1=32023 ). As most of you know I have been single my whole life. I have never had boyfriends, no fiancées, and definilty no husband and I like it that way. I remember being younger and all the girls around me were obsessed with having boyfriends and going on dates. I on the other hand dabbled a bit in the dating scene in high school and in my early 20’s. You know what I discovered my absolute hatred for it. Now don’t get me wrong its nice to be wined and dined. I just have never understood why so many were unable to enjoy the company of the best person in their world. Themselves.
For most of my adult life I have gotten nothing but grief from people who for some reason feel it is wrong to be single and to have no desire to become anything different. They want to set me up on dates and put me on some kind of dating web site. Why is it such a big deal. Really I don’t understand the need to set people up. I understand that everyone thinks I need to get out there and meet someone. I am not you and I don’t want that life at least not like that. I am not going to pretend that there haven’t been moments where I thought it would be nice to have a male companion and maybe even be married w/kiddies. To be whats that word .. um.. um .. oh yeah normal.
In this article it gives 8 reasons to enjoy being single some of which are in my opinion completely stupid reasons others are excellent. This article’s reasons were being able to eat what you want when you want. Personally I don’t care when and where just give me food. Thankfully I come from a very indecisive family that I can usually get them to go where I want anyway.
Another was being able to run errand with out how did they put it "baggage". Yes that is nice a nice idea. This is the one time I don’t like being solo. I tend to drag my mom with me everywhere I go. Poor mom right. Well she is a great deterrent from spending money. I like window shopping, looking around, and seeing what is out there. Although for the record for us chubby, short gals there is nothing, absolutely nothing that looks good and fits just right. Which is probably why I don’t buy much.
Next apparently being single lets you get to know yourself. I don’t understand how being single gives you the opportunity to know ones self. I have always known me and even if I were the social butterfly and couldn’t be single I think I would still know me.
Be a good aunt? I don’t completely understand how being single makes a person a good or bad aunt. Yes I personally think I rock in the aunt department. If I were attached I would still be a good aunt. I am completely unable to fathom how a person’s status would change how good an aunt/uncle is. I have to admit I rolled my eyes on this one.
Now this I have to admit I completely agree with 110%. If I want to learn, go to school, take up a hobby, or learn a language then I can do it. If I start something and It doesn’t work out I have no one to explain myself to but me. For example I took a phlebotomy course at ISU that was quite a lot of money. I discovered that my first assessment of not having anything to do with the body in anyway shape or form was accurate. I can not cause people pain, deal with icky sicky strangers, or icky medical situation. I stopped going right before the class was done. Yes that is not good and I should have stuck it out. Who cares I didn’t like it I stopped. The end. No significant other to justify me wasting that money and time. I was very understanding and excepted my own reasons.
This next one is iffy. This writer states that single people tend to get out of the house more. Really cause I tend to do the opposite. I can watch TV in my pj’s at 2pm in the afternoon. Heck why bother getting dressed anyway. If I take a shower or eat at 2 pm then I can. If I don’t want to take that plate to the sink cause I am just plain to lazy than let it be. If I am unable to sleep and decide to take a shower at 2 in the morning I can. I notice when I am watching my nieces and nephew I want to go out and play or whatever. When I am with others I want to be active and do stuff. So I guess in this respect I am the opposite of the writer.
This next one is also a 110% agree whole heartedly. I have discovered I love to travel. I will find any excuse to get in a rented car and go, go, go. My current excuses are certain family members who happen to live down south in sunny Arizona. I love traveling down there to see my brother and his family. They are the best reasons ever. I can wake up one morning and decide that the week before memorial day weekend I will rent a very expensive convertible ( which are hard to get ) and drive all day and the next to Arizona and play with the kiddies. I only have to worry about my own job, my own money, and time. One Thursday I decided I was going to SLC to see the Christmas light cause I have never been down there during the holidays. So I took the next day off went online rented a cheap car and dragged my poor mom for some SLC shopping and sightseeing. Besides who can turn up a chance to go to Olive Gardens. Not me and definitely not my mother. Hook line and sinker love ya mom. Before I would try to find people to go with me but seriously they are such a drag. I have to make my plans around what they want to do just like when I went to Spokane. Love my brothers but what a couple of party poopers.
This last reason I wouldn’t know anything about. The writer states its better to be lonely when your single than lonely in a relationship. I have never experienced this but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
Let me just say I live in Pocatello ID. Your either a going to church mormon or a party at the bar type. Me I am neither. I am a shy, anti-social, introverted, non confonformist, non drinking, anti social butterfly who wants to be left alone mormon women. (women that sounds weird but 30 year olds can call themselves that, right?) I don't do church (social butterfly religion) or bars (remember non drinking) Where in this town is a girl like that suppose to find a fella anyway.
If another person tries to set me up with a guy and follows with a oh you guys would be perfect for each other. Then proceeds to list the reasons. I am going to lose it. (which I have actually done once, nicely). Because of moments like this I can honestly say and trust me when I say no one and I mean NO ONE knows me well enough to know which guy is perfect for me.
So all in all what I am trying to say is back off, leave me alone there is nothing wrong with not conforming to the standards of society. I am 30 years old and SINGLE YEAH!!!!
When I am ready it will happen. If a special gentleman guy comes around out of the blue then that’s that. Good bye single life.
Until then
HELLO SINGLE AND LOVING IT.
If you haven't guessed this has been an issue of late.
For most of my adult life I have gotten nothing but grief from people who for some reason feel it is wrong to be single and to have no desire to become anything different. They want to set me up on dates and put me on some kind of dating web site. Why is it such a big deal. Really I don’t understand the need to set people up. I understand that everyone thinks I need to get out there and meet someone. I am not you and I don’t want that life at least not like that. I am not going to pretend that there haven’t been moments where I thought it would be nice to have a male companion and maybe even be married w/kiddies. To be whats that word .. um.. um .. oh yeah normal.
In this article it gives 8 reasons to enjoy being single some of which are in my opinion completely stupid reasons others are excellent. This article’s reasons were being able to eat what you want when you want. Personally I don’t care when and where just give me food. Thankfully I come from a very indecisive family that I can usually get them to go where I want anyway.
Another was being able to run errand with out how did they put it "baggage". Yes that is nice a nice idea. This is the one time I don’t like being solo. I tend to drag my mom with me everywhere I go. Poor mom right. Well she is a great deterrent from spending money. I like window shopping, looking around, and seeing what is out there. Although for the record for us chubby, short gals there is nothing, absolutely nothing that looks good and fits just right. Which is probably why I don’t buy much.
Next apparently being single lets you get to know yourself. I don’t understand how being single gives you the opportunity to know ones self. I have always known me and even if I were the social butterfly and couldn’t be single I think I would still know me.
Be a good aunt? I don’t completely understand how being single makes a person a good or bad aunt. Yes I personally think I rock in the aunt department. If I were attached I would still be a good aunt. I am completely unable to fathom how a person’s status would change how good an aunt/uncle is. I have to admit I rolled my eyes on this one.
Now this I have to admit I completely agree with 110%. If I want to learn, go to school, take up a hobby, or learn a language then I can do it. If I start something and It doesn’t work out I have no one to explain myself to but me. For example I took a phlebotomy course at ISU that was quite a lot of money. I discovered that my first assessment of not having anything to do with the body in anyway shape or form was accurate. I can not cause people pain, deal with icky sicky strangers, or icky medical situation. I stopped going right before the class was done. Yes that is not good and I should have stuck it out. Who cares I didn’t like it I stopped. The end. No significant other to justify me wasting that money and time. I was very understanding and excepted my own reasons.
This next one is iffy. This writer states that single people tend to get out of the house more. Really cause I tend to do the opposite. I can watch TV in my pj’s at 2pm in the afternoon. Heck why bother getting dressed anyway. If I take a shower or eat at 2 pm then I can. If I don’t want to take that plate to the sink cause I am just plain to lazy than let it be. If I am unable to sleep and decide to take a shower at 2 in the morning I can. I notice when I am watching my nieces and nephew I want to go out and play or whatever. When I am with others I want to be active and do stuff. So I guess in this respect I am the opposite of the writer.
This next one is also a 110% agree whole heartedly. I have discovered I love to travel. I will find any excuse to get in a rented car and go, go, go. My current excuses are certain family members who happen to live down south in sunny Arizona. I love traveling down there to see my brother and his family. They are the best reasons ever. I can wake up one morning and decide that the week before memorial day weekend I will rent a very expensive convertible ( which are hard to get ) and drive all day and the next to Arizona and play with the kiddies. I only have to worry about my own job, my own money, and time. One Thursday I decided I was going to SLC to see the Christmas light cause I have never been down there during the holidays. So I took the next day off went online rented a cheap car and dragged my poor mom for some SLC shopping and sightseeing. Besides who can turn up a chance to go to Olive Gardens. Not me and definitely not my mother. Hook line and sinker love ya mom. Before I would try to find people to go with me but seriously they are such a drag. I have to make my plans around what they want to do just like when I went to Spokane. Love my brothers but what a couple of party poopers.
This last reason I wouldn’t know anything about. The writer states its better to be lonely when your single than lonely in a relationship. I have never experienced this but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
Let me just say I live in Pocatello ID. Your either a going to church mormon or a party at the bar type. Me I am neither. I am a shy, anti-social, introverted, non confonformist, non drinking, anti social butterfly who wants to be left alone mormon women. (women that sounds weird but 30 year olds can call themselves that, right?) I don't do church (social butterfly religion) or bars (remember non drinking) Where in this town is a girl like that suppose to find a fella anyway.
If another person tries to set me up with a guy and follows with a oh you guys would be perfect for each other. Then proceeds to list the reasons. I am going to lose it. (which I have actually done once, nicely). Because of moments like this I can honestly say and trust me when I say no one and I mean NO ONE knows me well enough to know which guy is perfect for me.
So all in all what I am trying to say is back off, leave me alone there is nothing wrong with not conforming to the standards of society. I am 30 years old and SINGLE YEAH!!!!
When I am ready it will happen. If a special gentleman guy comes around out of the blue then that’s that. Good bye single life.
Until then
HELLO SINGLE AND LOVING IT.
If you haven't guessed this has been an issue of late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment